We all talk about referrals and how powerful they can be, but most people really don’t do a great job at making them happen. Breanne Dyck joins us to share her awesome spin on referrals – asking for introductions and shares exactly how that’s impacting her business.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Breanne explains her unique business model and how she loves to run her business
- Breanne shares what she has learned about not just referrals, but introductions specifically
- We talk about the difference between introductions and referrals, and Breanne explains which one has been more beneficial to her business
- The education process can be really challenging, Breanne shares how it’s a big part of her business to educate her clients on how to refer someone to her
- Making an introduction is a lot less pressure than making a referral, Breanne explains why
- We talk about what an indirect introduction is and how it can gain you some of your best clients
- We try to do the things we’re ‘told to do’ in our business, but it’s not necessarily what we want to be doing. Breanne shares how it’s been freeing to follow how she really wants to build her business
- Don’t be afraid to start deep and then go wider, don’t scale until you’re ready! Breanne shares her three ‘R’s and how they have grown her client base naturally
- Breanne gives advice on how to ask for a connection and not feel weird about it
- Breanne adds an ‘ask’ in a couple of her onboarding and offboarding emails, she explains why
- Breanne shares how to make the ‘ask’ for an introduction about the client she’s asking and not about herself
- If you want your clients to make connections for you, you have to teach them how to do it. Breanne shares how she’s done this for her clients
- The more work you do for your clients in the referral process, the more likely they are to help you out!
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Do you find yourself with referrals that are a bit off? It’s up to you to educate your clients on the types of people you’re looking for and and how you can help them.
- If you find asking for referrals hard, try asking for introductions instead. Breanne’s system offers a simple way to widen your circle and meet the perfect for you clients.
- Remember, you need to position this as a win/win and not you turning around and asking clients for something. Timing is everything!