We talk all the time about branding but it’s so misunderstood. Your brand is so much more than a logo or font choice, and our guest Lori Barron is going to break down what you need to know about your small biz’s brand on today’s episode.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Lori explains what exactly branding is, one of the most misunderstood aspects in business
- When branding is done right, it’s what ultimately drives business to you, the colors are not what matters!
- There’s no reason to crowdsource your branding ideas: they may not be your ideal audience and they don’t know your message or have any contextual information
- Lori gives advice on being really smart when asking for feedback, it can lower other people’s confidence in your business and turn off if done incorrectly
- Hone your skills and do what you do incredibly well and your ‘brand’ will evolve over time
- Lori explains why you shouldn’t even do anything visual until you are really clear on your brand, who you are, and what you offer. The process will be much smoother once these pieces are clear
- Why is our brand so important to us as a small business?
- Being on a constant binge of looking at other people’s businesses may not be helpful: there’s ultimately no one that offers what you do and who you are
- Lori shares the biggest branding mistakes most small businesses make and how we can make sure it doesn’t happen to us
Top 3 Takeaways from this Episode:
- Do you fully understand your brand image beyond colors/fonts/pretty stuff? Give some thought to how it all fits together including your message, stand and visual brand. Awareness of how this all works in harmony is the key to creating a real customer experience.
- Are you guilty of crowdsourcing? Consider the message you’re sending and the validity of the feedback you’re getting.
- Watch for branding mistakes that can mess you up like not having a clear idea of what you’re offering- and remember, your brand will evolve over time!