The social media smackdown continues and today we are diving into LinkedIn. I’ve personally had some great success with LinkedIn and I think it gets seriously ignored, so I wanted to include it as part of the series. We are joined by guest expert social media strategist Karen Yankovich to talk all things LinkedIn. Get your pen and paper ready!
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Why it’s so easy to get results on LinkedIn
- How LinkedIn is so tightly linked with Google
- How Karen thinks you should be using your time on LinkedIn to turn it into business ‘gold’
- How to use LinkedIn differently than other social media outlets
- The importance of nurturing your LinkedIn connections to foster growth
- How the amount of connections doesn’t matter as much as the quality of the connection and the likelihood of it helping your business
- Karen’s best tips for joining and engaging in LinkedIn groups
- Using groups to make a positive association with your name and business before you send the ‘ask’
- Some ‘golden rules’ for your LinkedIn profile, and some common mistakes
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- When pitching someone ‘blind’ (like with HARO), always use LinkedIn to make a connection and become more than just another pitch.
- Use keywords in your profile to be specific in how you want to come up in a Google search.
- Use LinkedIn to make a more personal connection, rather than just a mass marketing tool.
Let Karen and I know how you are going to take action! Connect with us both on LinkedIn and Tweet us at @magspatterson and @karenyankovich to let us know!
Links in this Episode:
Profitable Social Media Tips Group