Pitching yourself can be scary, but there’s a right way and a wrong way to go about it. If you’re going to do it – you want to do it in a way that you’ll be successful and from a place of understanding the real exchange that goes on.
Acting like you’re doing someone a favor or like you’re not worthy isn’t the right way to go about it – ever.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- How do you extend the invitation where you’re making the ask?
- You want to make sure you come across in the best light when you’re trying for an opportunity
- Do your homework, be smart, and make sure you know what your target actually needs
- Don’t make the assumption that everyone wants you or that you’re doing them a favor
- When getting your pitch together, be honest but very clear about what you can offer
- Keep it short and sweet, people are busy!