Do you want to incorporate giving back into your business plan, but aren’t sure where to start? Or how to do it without seeming like you’re over the top or only doing it as a marketing ploy? Meg Clarke from Clapping Dog Media shares exactly how she does it in her business and how it’s been instrumental in her success.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/marketingmoxie/MMoxie112.mp3″ title=”Episode 112: Meg Clarke- Making Giving Back Part of Your Business Plan” artist=”Maggie Patterson” image=”http://maggiepatterson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/MarketingMoxie_PodcastCover.png” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Meg shares how she’s baked giving back right into her business model
- Before Meg actually started her business, she used the sites she built for free for organizations she’s really passionate about to build her portfolio
- Meg shares what she did this summer to give back and how amazing the experience was
- Meg explains how she uses micro lending to help the women of Uganda who make beautiful jewelry
- Meg shares her number one tip for making giving back part of her model
- We talk about how to present your charity work without feeling awkward or ‘braggy’ about it
- Meg didn’t set out to give to get something in return, but there has been a measurable impact on her business over the last year
- We want to do business with people we like, so when you see someone doing something you admire and appreciate, it makes you want to work with them
- Giving back can humanize us to our audience, and Meg shares how what you get back is so much bigger than what you give
[clickToTweet tweet=”Giving back in your biz with @clapdogmedia on @magspatterson’s #marketingmoxie #podcast” quote=”Giving back in your biz with @clapdogmedia on @magspatterson’s #marketingmoxie #podcast”]
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- If you want to give back it doesn’t have to be in money, it can be in time or in kind services. Get creative.
- Pick something you feel connected with and strongly about – not just what everyone else out there is picking.
- You get to choose how and when you give back, so create a plan and make it part of how you operate.