Lucky #13 for the Marketing Moxie podcast and today we have my buddy and fellow content creator and copywriter, Jules Taggart. She is in the hot seat today sharing all kinds of tips and ideas for busting out awesome copy for your site, blogs and more.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- What you need to know about creating copy
- Why you need to be picky about your readers and stop trying to please everyone
- How first drafts should be pounded out quickly
- What you don’t need to be sorry about in your first draft
- Jules’ best kept copywriting secret
- Overused words in copy that we need to stop abusing
- How we inject storytelling in our writing
- Ideas for writing better headlines
- Where to get started with improving on your copy if you want to up your game
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Get the crappy first draft out of you, don’t worry over every little thing.
- Make friends with the thesaurus in a big way. It’s not cheating. It’s a smart strategy for upping the quality of your copy.
- Use a story in your copy so people can connect to them. Start the story near the beginning and then finish it further on in your copy to pull your readers through your copy.
Links in This Episode: