In episode #3 of the Marketing Moxie Podcast we continue looking at the role of your web site in positioning you as an expert and bringing business in the door.
This episode goes in depth and looks at one of the most visited pages on your web site, the about page. We are joined by copywriter Erica Lee Strauss who has my back on all things about page. Erica is a copywriter who works with female entrepreneurs to create copy that pops with personality.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Why the about page is so critical for your customers and everyone else that visits your site
- The about page balancing act
- Creating connection with people who buy from you
- Asserting expert status
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- The about page isn’t all about you. It should be a balance between your experience and how you can help.
- Be clear so that people can instantly decide if they are in the right place. Don’t try to be overly clever and cause confusion.
- Make it easy to say YES to you. From bloggers to customers, you want them to look at the page and have it be a hell yes every single time.
Links in this Episode: