Opt-ins. Love them or hate them, they are a critical part of building an email list, that’s why today we’re talking with guest expert Makenna Johnston about how she used an unconventional opt-in to build her business. No ebook or cheat sheet, Makenna used a weekly free coaching session instead.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- How Makenna used her free coaching calls to give people a sense of her style
- Why Makenna’s group calls helped her avoid save time and cut down the number of one-on-one calls she was doing
- How to use your opt-in to be active and actually drive sales instead of offering just another e-book
- Makenna explains how she was able to turn an hour a week for free into loyal clients
- The importance of verbiage on your website for your opt-in
- The difference between pricing something for free vs pricing something for cheap
[Tweet “Listening to @makjohnston and @magspatterson on breaking the rule of opt-ins”]
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Think about how you can get people to take action with your opt-in. Feel free to break the rules and change up how you do things.
- Before people spend money with you, they have to trust and like you. Makenna’s way of offering free coaching calls with her opt in really gives her a way to screen people in or out. How can you change up your opt-in?
- Think about your pricing and how it’s telling a story about your brand.