Whenever I’m in a state of feeling overwhelmed and like my to-do list is out of hand, I talk to my friend Megan Flatt. She’s a business coach who works primarily with moms who are building businesses amid the challenges of day-to-day life with busy kids and family life. Today Megan shares some super practical tips for managing your stress and taming your to-do list for good.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Megan’s number one tip to get out of overwhelm quickly
- Some of the top stress triggers Megan has encountered
- How to identify your own stress triggers, and how to avoid them once you know
- Megan’s advice for mastering your task list instead of letting it master you
- What are ‘buckets’ and how can they help you manage your to-do list?
- Megan’s favorite shortcuts for making the most of your time
- Why downtime is super important for your business and your life
- Megan’s top tools you should really embrace to master your to-do list
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Understand what triggers you, and sends you into that swirling feeling of overwhelm and stress.
- Start breaking your schedule down into ‘buckets’ to help with taming the to-do list. It makes your schedule a lot more manageable, and you can see areas you can ask for help.
- Start writing things out with pen and paper. Things become much more tangible when you write it down.
- Bonus Takeaway! Start a shareable calendar, no matter what type. It will help you better coordinate, and respect others’ time.
Links for this Episode: