Good old business-to-business copy can be so boring as we travel through the world of features and industry jargon. But it doesn’t have to be this way! Jessica Mehring of Horizon Peak Consulting is one of the absolute best B2B copywriters I know, and she’s sharing how to make B2B copy more exciting and engaging in this interview.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Jessica explains why B2B copy can be so boring and how to not fall into that trap
- The biggest mistake to avoid making in B2B copy
- What kind of things can we learn from B2B copy?
- Jessica’s favorite ways to figure out what the value is for customers in your business
- What is ‘iteration’ and why is it important for your copy?
- What content marketing really is and how it works
- Jessica gives us the list of books she’s reading now and why
- How you can bring the elements of fiction writing into your copy
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Before people will buy from you, they need to see the value they will get.
- Do your research! Find out from your market how they receive content and what questions they need answered in that content, and give it to them.
- If you want to write copy that’s not boring, start reading. Books, magazines, blog posts. Take note of headlines, story structure and more.