About pages are one of the most important pages on our websites, but too often they entirely miss the point. This episode breaks down about page must-haves, how to hook your visitors and invite them into your business and outlines everything you need to avoid.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- We all have an about page, and it is a really critical page! Besides the home page, it’s probably the most popular one on your site, so you don’t want to botch it.
- Leading by talking about you on your about page is doing a major disservice to your readers, and may turn them off.
- It’s not all about you, it’s all about ‘them’, meaning your audience and their needs.
- The number one thing to have in your about page to ensure you connect with your reader.
- Take some time to think about the kind of people you want to be attracting (and who you don’t want to work with).
- Bragging is actually necessary on your about page, so you’re going to need to find a way to make it work for you, even if it feels icky.
- How to nail your Call to Action for your about page to invite them to explore further.
- About page cardinal sins that you need to be aware of.
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Make sure your about page has a strong hook and doesn’t read like a boring resume of your work or your life story.
- Brag on your about page without crossing the line.
- Welcome isn’t a good opening line. Boring. You can do better.
[Tweet “Time for an about page refresh! Get these tips from @magspatterson #marketingmoxie”]