If you don’t know today’s guest, you need to. She’s an absolute powerhouse when it comes to digital strategy. Marie breaks down what a digital strategy is, why you need one and why this is something you can’t afford to overlook.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- If you think of web design as the ‘what’ then strategy is the ‘how’, digital strategy helps you decide how you’re going to use digital tools to help you reach out business goals
- Marie shares where we are struggling with our digital strategy and how to fix it
- The difference between a content strategy and a digital strategy
- The numbers that Marie looks at to create and analyze a digital strategy
- Why you shouldn’t be scared to look at your numbers, they can actually empower you!
- We spend so much time in creation mode that we don’t remember to reuse our content and optimizing all the things we already have
- Marie explains how to create a long term strategy and not just a short term strategy for your offerings and promotions
- Sometimes you need someone you trust to tell you what to do with your business, we don’t give ourselves the same advice we would give to our friends
- Why and how Marie started to obsess and incorporate digital strategy into her business instead of just web design
- Marie shares some of the biggest mistakes made in planning and designing your site
- Going through rebranding and changing your website should push you completely out of your comfort zone, then you know you’re not pushing yourself hard enough
- Marie tells the story of a quick blog she posted to Medium and how it took off unexpectedly. It’s a great example of how testing the waters and stepping outside of your own platform can surprise you with how beneficial it could be
- Marie and I discuss how much time to set aside to work ‘on’ your business instead of ‘in’ your business
[Tweet “Do you have a #digitalstrategy in place? @Mariepoulin breaks down why you absolutely need one”]
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Do you have a digital strategy? No – then you probably need on that breaks down all the moving pieces you need to operate your business.
- Outside perspective is critical – there’s no need to go this alone. Get people you trust to weigh in on what they think.
- Are you blocking out time to work on your business, not just in your business? Time to block out time each week so you’re focused 100% on the things that will drive your future.