One of the biggest challenges that most business owners face is that marketing takes up way too much time. From learning the ropes to actually implementing strategies, it can be a steep learning curve. Are you facing this challenge? Then you’ll want to hear what Michelle Evans has to say. She has an amazing corporate marketing background, which gives her a different spin on online marketing and what we really need to be doing.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ for marketing, don’t be fooled by how seductive the ‘magic strategies’ can be.
- Michelle explains what she sees happening with people following the ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach in their marketing.
- Michelle gives us some key questions we have to answer about our business before we can even begin to have a marketing strategy.
- The key assessments Michelle uses with her clients to help them pinpoint their uniqueness in their target market.
- Why knowing your audience and target client inside and out is so important.
- Michelle explains how to find the people who want what you offer.
- When you do get to talk to someone who is your ideal client, Michelle gives us tips on what to ask them and how to use your findings.
- How to not let your marketing take over your business, and how to make the time you do spend on it the most effective it can be.
- Michelle pinpoints some common marketing tactics she sees people hanging on to that aren’t necessarily working.
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Don’t get seduced by big promises and things that seem too good to be true. Sometimes the simplest things are the ones that produce the biggest results.
- Before you dive into marketing get clear on your strengths, goals, audience and more. And if you’ve been at this for a while, take some time to periodically reassess so you’re not letting things get stale.
- Is your marketing getting you where you want to go? More marketing isn’t the answer, maybe letting some things go so you can make what you are doing work more effectively.