What if you could build your business without doing all of the marketing things? It is possible! In this episode we break down the #1 marketing strategy you’ll ever have – surprising and delighting your customers. Focusing on the clients you have today can transform your business tomorrow.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- At the core of businesses and brands that I love is that they make me feel good.
- It costs 7 times more to hire a new customer than to keep an existing one, so let’s work to reduce the hustle.
- What does it actually mean to truly surprise and delight your clients?
- Handling the details from day 1 is super important; if you provide a really good experience up front, you need to continue that until they walk out the door.
- Let’s get back to basics: what is really important to your clients?
- Boundaries are necessary and important, but don’t confuse boundaries with being petty or turning great clients away.
- Going the extra mile and saying yes when it could be a no shows you actually care and helps you to stand out.
- If you can stop and truly listen to what your client is saying (and most of all what they’re not saying) it will result in a loyal customer base.
- I share a few real time examples of surprise and delight in action with businesses I’ve interacted with recently.
- I challenge you to listen more to your customers, to figure out the details of your systems, and to pay attention in your day to day life for examples you can use to surprise and delight your customers.
[Tweet “Surprise & Delight. The best marketing campaign you’ll ever have says @magspatterson. #CX”]
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Figure out the ways you can listen more to your customers. What do they really need?
- Sit down with your client flow and figure out what really matters to your clients so you can nail it.
- Pay attention to how you experience surprise and delight on a day-to-day basis so you can get ideas on you adapt concepts for your business.