Today’s the listener’s pick episode in the Summer Reads series. And let me tell you it’s quite the list. So let’s get down to business.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/marketingmoxie/MMoxie93.mp3″ title=”Episode #93: Marketing Moxie Summer Reads: Fave Biz Books” artist=”Maggie Patterson” image=”http://maggiepatterson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/MarketingMoxie_PodcastCover.png” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Maranda chose ‘4 hour work week’ for it’s practical tips and energetic vibe; I haven’t read it yet but I should give it a shot!
- ‘Overwhelmed’ isn’t a business book per se, but it really helps you organize and plan to make more time for your business and life.
- ‘Icarus deception’ is helpful to broaden your perspective, step outside your comfort zone, and is soul affirming for entrepreneurs.
- Caitlin had quite a few favorites, I haven’t read ‘E-Myth Revisited’ but have it on my bookshelf and plan to get to it soon, especially since it came up so many times!
- Yasmine suggests Think and Grow Rich, I’ve been resistant to reading this but should put it on my list.
- Kaye had lots of great suggestions; I love War of Art, it’s definitely an essential read to put you on a course of thinking of your business in a great wa
- Kimber agrees with me of the essential need for ‘Referral Engine’!
- I loved the shout outs to books mentioned in last week’s episode! You can see them in the show notes here.
- Michelle brought up ‘Profit First’ which is a great read, especially if you’re struggling with the financials in your business.
- ‘Quiet Power Strategy’ gives great examples and is very practical. A must-read.
- ‘Great Leads’ is all about writing great headlines, which is something we all need to work on.
- Lots of great books mentioned on Periscope, get your reading list boosted up and see what you can take away from these great reads.
[clickToTweet tweet=”The #summerreads series is rocking out the listener’s fave biz books. 26 to choose from.” quote=”The #summerreads series is rocking out the listener’s fave biz books. 26 to choose from.”]
Links for this Episode:
Fave Books Mentioned in this Episode:
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Overwhelmed: How to Work, Love, and Play When No One Has the Time by Brigid Schulte
- The Icarus Deception by Seth Godin
- The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
- The Happiness of Pursuit by Chris Guillebeau
- Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average and Do Work That Matters by Jon Acuff
- Worth Every Penny by Sarah Petty
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg Mckeown
- All Marketers are Liars by Seth Godin
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Eat That Frog! by Brian Tracy
- The Referral Engine by John Jantsch
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- Choose Yourself! by James Altucher
- Profit First by Mike Michaelowicz
- Quiet Power Strategy by Tara Gentile
- Great Leads by Michael Masterson
- Duct Tape Marketing by John Jantsch
- Book Yourself Solid Illustrated Edition by Michael Port
- Built to Sell by John Warrillow
- Motivation Manifesto by Brendon Burchard
- It’s Not What You Sell, It’s What You Stand For By Roy M. Spence