Books, books and more books today! Best of all we’re wrapping up the Summer Reads series with a focus on fiction books that you can’t judge a girl for loving.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/marketingmoxie/MMoxie94.mp3″ title=”Episode #94: Frothy Beach Reads” artist=”Maggie Patterson” image=”http://maggiepatterson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/MarketingMoxie_PodcastCover.png” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- I explain where my love of books started and how it’s stuck with me my whole life
- Travel and reading go together, and I love taking a great book on a trip, whether business or pleasure
- The Jessica Darling series are a little older, but are a true beach read and I explain my love of the writing, plot, and series in general
- If you don’t like gory or dark, the Hollywood Alphabet series may not be right for you, but it’s light and quick
- I just read Primates of Park Avenue a few weeks ago, if you are a RHONY fan or enthralled by the Manhattan lifestyle, this is the book for you! ‘Frothy with a warning’ though, it has some sadness and thought provoking writing
- I love all of Liane Moriarty’s books, The Husband’s Secret is such a delightful book! Her books are quirky, funny, and very real
- If you know me at all, you know I love Rob Lowe, and ‘Love Life’ is a memoir that makes him as awesome as ever
- We need a chick biography to balance out Rob Lowe, and Judy Greer’s is my choice. She’s the BFF you wish you had who just happens to be a celebrity
- I’m starting a ‘Frothy Beach Read’ thread in the marketing moxie group, so make sure to check it out on FB
- Stay tuned for the next series on the Marketing Moxie show: I’m going to dive in with great experts to get the answers we need to our best marketing questions
[clickToTweet tweet=”Need some beach reads? #summerreads has you covered” quote=”Need some beach reads? #summerreads has you covered”]
Links for this Episode:
Enter to win the Summer Reading Package here: bit.ly/summerreadsbundle
Fave Books Mentioned in this Episode:
- Jessica Darling Series, start with book 1 here!
- MZ Kelly’s Hollywood Alphabet Series, start with book 1 here!
- Primates of Park Avenue: A Memoir by Wednesday Martin Ph.D.
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
- Love Life by Rob Lowe
- I Don’t Know What You Know Me From: My Life as a Co-Star by Judy Greer