In episode #7, we talk about how to write a great guest blog post and we have a guest expert, Lacy Boggs. Lacy is an award winning journalist and professional blogger who’s going to share some of her insights on how to create a great guest blog post.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- The one thing you must nail down when writing a blog post
- How to create a post that is in service of the readers and setting a goal for your post
- About the death of guest posting for backlinks
- Tips for writing a better blog post
- Why writing for the web is different
- Deal breakers for bloggers/editors
- Bad pitches and what may happen to you if you send one
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Make sure that you write in a style that’s appropriate for the web.
- Take the time to create a great headline.
- Edit, edit, edit. Ensure you have time to get your post reviewed and create the best possible post.
Links in this Episode: