Too many times people don’t realize that one of the key things people do to grow their list is using paid traffic – usually Facebook ads – to make it happen. Today’s guest Claire Pelletreau is an absolute Facebook ads genius, and loves all things conversions and math, so we have a lively discussion about traffic, conversions and more.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Facebook ads can be such a pain! Claire gives her top power tips for launching FB ads
- If you’re overwhelmed by FB ads, just start slowly
- Claire gives us some of the first steps to running a successful ad campaign
- If you don’t have conversion tracking in place, you don’t know how much you’re paying per sign up
- You need to get comfortable with looking at the reports. They look fancy and scary, but the reality is you don’t need to look at most of the numbers FB provides
- There is a big connection between your ad campaigns’ success and what’s on your landing page
- Claire shares some of the big mistakes she sees with landing pages that don’t convert
- A simple and clean landing page will be what converts best
- Claire gives some other options besides Facebook for ads if maybe Facebook is not where your ‘people’ are at
[Tweet “Facebook ads and paid traffic stressing you out? @clairepells breaks it down with @magspatterson “]
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- If you’re overwhelmed by Facebook ads, just start slowly. Listen to the steps Claire laid out to run a successful campaign.
- Look at the reports. They look super scary, but you need to look at certain numbers to find the areas where you can improve. Data is power!
- Take a hard look at your landing page. What can you do on this page to improve your conversion?
- Bonus Takeaway! If you’re not getting the traffic you want from Facebook, it’s worth taking a look at paid campaigns on other social media platforms.