One of my fave video pros, Holly G joins us today to talk about Periscope. She covers what it is, how she’s using it and the #1 thing you need to consider before you dive in as part of the what’s working now series.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/marketingmoxie/MMoxie108.mp3″ title=”Episode 108: Holly Gillen – Powering Up Your Biz with Periscope” artist=”Maggie Patterson” image=”https://maggiepatterson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/MarketingMoxie_PodcastCover.png” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Holly gives us the rundown of what Periscope is and what we can use it for in our business
- Holly shares how she’s really using Periscope to add value to her business
- We talk about how to actually make time to periscope in your business
- Holly shares what she learned over her first month of using Periscope strategically and the results for her business
- Using Periscope can increase your following on all other social media platforms, Holly shares her personal results
- Before you decide to just hop on Periscope, you need to make sure ‘your tribe’ is actually hanging out there
- Get yourself and your strategy business ready, you need to prep and plan out your scopes to make them impactful
- Be flexible with your planning: make sure people can ask questions and give feedback since that is the great part about this platform
- Holly goes over the essential equipment for Periscope
- If you think you are ready to jump into Periscope, Holly urges you to really know your ‘why’
- Holly reminds us to keep it classy, remember you are using this for your business!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Talking Periscope with @hollygstudios and what you need to know before you jump in” quote=”Talking Periscope with @hollygstudios and what you need to know before you jump in”]
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Periscope is there to enhance what you’re already doing. If you don’t have your business set up yet, hopping into a platform like periscope and expecting it to skyrocket your success is totally unrealistic.
- Make sure that you really know why you are using Periscope. Understand your purpose and plan, be very clear about your expectations. Test and correct as you go.
- Before you Periscope, get prepared! Make sure you have the right equipment: phone, tripod, etc. And make sure you are clear and have a plan, it will make all the difference.