Video: love it or hate it, it’s so valuable in your business. But the whole idea of getting in front of the camera can be such a hangup for most of us. It’s no wonder – there’s a lot of moving pieces, from scripting to set up to getting your hair tamed. Holly Gillen joins us today to help break it all down and get us comfortable in front of the camera.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Holly explains why it’s so important to get over our fear of the camera and use video in our business.
- 85% of people are more likely to make a purchase once they’ve watched a video of some sort on your site.
- For teaching, 65% of your education can reach people in visual form versus only 10% in text form.
- How can we pick and choose the right places to use video if we’re just starting out?
- Holly shares some unique ways to use videos for sales and marketing.
- Confused about all the different kinds of video software? Holly breaks it down for us.
- Choose your platforms and stick to the 3 that work for you so you don’t become overwhelmed.
- Holly explains how to create platform specific videos versus using the same youtube video for each platform.
- FB videos are getting the most organic reach right now, Holly has some power tips for using video in your FB world.
- How do we actually get comfortable in front of the camera? Holly fills us in.
- Holly shares her advice on preparation and scripts for your videos.
- 65-75% of the time spent on a video is the preparation time.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Getting confident on camera with @hollygstudios and @magspatterson.” quote=”Getting confident on camera with @hollygstudios and @magspatterson.”]
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Set a date now to film your next (or first) video. When it’s scheduled it’s real and I’m sure you need to use more video in your business.
- Write your talking points or script based on Holly’s power tips.
- Pick one way to start using video in your business – from vlogging to a sales video – creating that connection can go a long way to building your business.