Fasten your seatbelts friends. If you’ve been craving a dose of straight talk about what’s really happening in the online business world, coach Vasavi Kumar is serving it up today. And warning, she tells it like it is, and with no shortage of colorful language. (NSFW if you’ve got a 9 to 5, and this one is not friendly for those who cringe at an f-bomb, because they will be dropped!)
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Vasavi shares the number one BS thing we are doing as female business owners and why we need to cut it out right now
- As women, we are taught not to hustle or work too hard, but we should pride ourselves on being a beast in our business
- We live in a society where we want what we want right now, but we don’t want to do the work it takes to get there
- There is really no such thing as an overnight success, Vasavi shares how her business has been a 24/7 project for years and that’s why she got where she is
- Vasavi shares where she has said ‘no’ to potential clients and why taking someone that’s not a good fit for you on is detrimental to your business
- We are constantly looking to buy courses and coaches but not implement half of what we’re learning
- Vasavi shares her parents’ immigration story and how it has impacted her way of doing business and hustling
- How can we be smart and not fall into the false marketing tactics and be authentic in our business? Vasavi gives us her advice
- Vasavi shares the craziest thing she sees happening online with female business owners and what we can do to stop it
- Stop trying to be the mini version of someone else, be yourself
- Most people are running a services based business, that doesn’t have to be a dirty secret, offering 1:1 services is what most of us are doing and that’s ok
- If the only goal you have is a money goal, you may end up going back to the drawing board. Money should be an external motivator. Vasavi explains
Top 3 Takeaways from this Episode:
- Sometimes you just gotta hustle and grace isn’t going to happen. That’s totally okay, don’t apologize for committing to making it happen.
- The time honored advice of be yourself is always a good place to start. Show up and do you. Don’t be a cheap imitation.
- If it’s all about the money, you’re going to run out of steam. You need to have other goals beyond making bank or you’ll lose your soul (and maybe your sanity) in the process.