The term conversions is thrown around all the time with copy, but what does that mean and how can you create copy that actually converts? My friend Jen Havice joins us today to shed some light on copywriting for conversion and all the need to knows.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Learn Jen’s #1 conversion killer.
- How when someone lands on your page, you’ve only got a couple of seconds to grab their interest, so pay attention to how you’re grabbing it.
- Jen explains what ‘value conversion’ is, and why it’s not as scary as you think.
- Making sure your message doesn’t get lost in your design can be tricky, but it’s necessary to make sure each page of your site has a goal.
- The more decisions you’re asking the client to make the harder you make it for them to take action.
- Some basic conversion tips you need to know, even if you have a small site.
- Jen’s absolute best trick for creating copy that converts.
- Pay attention to your buttons and if what they say are affecting your conversion.
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- You need to make sure with any page of website copy, that you have a clear goal for the page.
- What does your customer need to make the decision to buy? What will make them feel comfortable, what will reduce friction, etc.
- Understanding conversion and the numbers behind your website is not just for big sites. Understanding the structure and copy of your page and whether they are connected or not can make or break your conversion.