The month of May marks a major milestone in my biz, as I’m celebrating my 10th anniversary. Back then, I was the mom of a soon to be one-year-old who didn’t want to go back to her amazing, but fast-paced job. So I opted out and decided to do things a whole new way. Here are a few things I’ve been reflecting on that have made this all possible.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- I can’t believe I’ve been in business 10 years, but at the same time there wasn’t another option when I left my full time job. (Well there was, but I wasn’t thrilled about those options.)
- I love the continuous learning aspect of running my own business and in hindsight I even love the bad experiences I’ve had along the way.
- Not having a website is not an excuse for not growing your business. For 8 years I had no website and still made it all work.
- Having a really strong personal network and focusing on delivering really great experiences for my clients has been my main strategy for business growth. Not fancy online tactics or anything fancy. The basics work.
- Your business will never be perfect, don’t wait around for it to get there before getting started.
When you are the CEO, how you show up in the world is the most important thing in your business. (And newsflash, you’re the CEO whether you realize it or not.)
- Being myself and being genuine in my business is what has gotten me as far as I’ve come. No excuses or apologies.