Diving into the world of storytelling today and talking about how to get out of the “Hero’s Journey” and focus on turning your clients into the hero instead. If we’re always talking about ourselves, we’re missing the point – and customer stories help engage our audience in a totally different way. And it’s a solo show, just me and you!
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Maggie’s history of ‘voice of the customer’ campaigns
- Why we should be using customer stories instead of just quotes
- Maggie explains why storytelling actually works
- Why making your client the hero instead of yourself is so much more impactful
- The different kinds of proof and when to use each one
- How and why to ‘step up’ from just using testimonials
Top Takeaways for this Episode:
- Are you always talking about yourself? Then stop it! Let your customer’s be the hero. Look at how you’re sharing your clients’ successes and how you can step it up.
- What’s one type of proof you can add into the mix to let your customers shine?
- Learn more about how customer stories can impact your business with The Client Brewery.
The Client Brewery is now open for registration – and Marketing Moxie listeners can $50 until 11/15. If you register after that, I’m extending the $50 off to you – just use the code MOXIE at checkout. Learn all the details and join us at the brew table – The Client Brewery.
Links for this Episode: