When you’ve worked in corporate, it’s hard sometimes to break free of those expectations and you can find yourself being way more formal than you need to be. Today, we dive into how you can still be professional and not sound over-the-top corporate in your communications.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- If you come from a corporate environment, you can be so worried about being professional that you come across as formal and impersonal
- Not confusing being professional with being corporate is one of the toughest things to translate to the online entrepreneurial world
- You can be professional and have personality and not sound like a robot
- Some signs you are ‘overdoing it’ in being formal
- Why are we so scared of letting our personality out? The reason we started our own business is to be able to do our own thing!
- It’s easy to default to what we know and not step outside our comfort zone, but formality can sound very fake
- I share a couple quick tips for letting your personality shine through